Thursday, April 13, 2017

Blog Challenge #1: GOALS

Goal writing is essential in occupational therapy. I believe it is also incredibly important in life. I am excited that I will be able to help people discover goals and maybe even dreams, and work with them to achieve them. I love to be an encourager and cheerleader, and OT is a wonderful field to do that through servant leadership and engagement. Each of us has purpose, and sometimes goals can help us to keep sight of that purpose as we are striving live with meaning and direction in everyday life. Consistency is something I struggle with when it comes to reaching a goal, because it requires perseverance even when you don't see results. However, short term goals are incredibly important to stay encouraged and see the small accomplishments. Goals are also great, because they give us reasons to celebrate. In life, I believe we should take time to celebrate whenever we can! So, as an OT, I want to celebrate even the smallest victories, because they matter! The small moments can form an incredible journey. So, set your goals, long and short, and celebrate the moments! You were created for meaning, for purpose, and every single one of us has the power to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment