Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Today has been heavy...

Today has been heavy. After hearing the story of Dawn and her family, and how TBI affected their life so fully, and after reading about Professor Lancaster's journey of love and loss with her father, and after hearing stories from my classmates this morning of personal struggle and tragedy, and while thinking of my own loss and special soul missing from my life today through the recent and sudden passing of my little sister...today has been heavy. However, through hearing these stories, I am reminded that I am not alone. I am reminded that life can be hard, life can break your heart and force you to face fears you never dreamed. With thankfulness, I am reminded that there is still hope, joy, and goodness, and that we can overcome and weather the storm of our darkest days. I rest in the promises of reunion and restoration. We can encourage others, listen with greater understanding, and show more compassion than maybe we ever thought possible. I hope no matter what I face throughout my life, that these stories of unpredictability, life change, and struggle will give me the empathy and hope that I need to face my greatest trials, hardest days, and give me greater appreciation and thankfulness for the blessings of today...because we never know what tomorrow will hold. Thank God I know who holds me, and that I can seek out and find strength from those who have walked similar paths and who can provide love, support, and truth.

2 comments: